Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Prepaid energy meter based on RFID(Needded some guidance)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I think your problem is, that the output has "shorted" only until 100+/-2.5 msec (as specified) as "the output pulse", & these max 100 times in a hour if you have had 1KWh!
Anyway, you can go (I think) up to ca. 60A=12KWh, or good 1200 pulses pro hour :)...
I remember so that you have a power-meter with 100 pulses/KWh= in a hour you will count max 100 pulses(shorts from output transistor), but you told me yesterday over 5 houres measuring time for a 1KWh, it means you have at 200W load, concrete its a 200Wh load, you have also only 20 pulses pro hour, in all 3 minutes (only)one pulse...
These means you must trigger the scope (eventually for "single events") & at some higher trigger levels, i.e. +2, volts, so will you not see these such mV noises(an open measurement input), but a right pulse if outs coming(with time scale of 50--200msec), 2V/div settings...
K.

Re: Prepaid energy meter based on RFID(Needded some guidance

ok i will try again tomorrow and stay few hour to check the output and thank alot for the advice

Re: Prepaid energy meter based on RFID(Needded some guidance

:)
You must know, its to modell with a slower generator too:
Take a funktionsgenerator for that (or some other signal gen in range of some Hertzes maximum) with output pulse of +4..5Vpeak, set i.e. for 100 Hz, find "triggered" to + 2V on your scope & switch then for slower & more slower the Generator outputs & see that you have triggered screen (maybe you must adjust some on trigger or Hold Off), up to 1 Hz or if you can do with your generator, than less, i.e. 0.1Hz and so on.
After that you will/can see the seldome coming "KW output pulse" on the so "pre setted/prepared" scope.. :)
Another possibility to check for output/KWh-pulses:
You have a microprocessor system, what works; contact/put "out pulse" to an (iterrupt/digital) input!...
K.

Added after 18 minutes:
huntersouls said:
.. ok let said the oscilloscope got two cable red and black, the red cable connect to your measurement ref. while the black cable to ?? (ground or negative -5V). Is that connection correct?
Ok for the pdf connection you provide let said i use a cell battery the positive pole to the indicate place in your pdf while for the negative pole also same method. Do i need to connect external ground for it?
OK,
I think the red is input signal from your scope & black is the GND(or reference), as conventional?
If so is, I would contact w. red the pulseout & w. black the ref (or GND),what I signed with minus polarity too...
Anyway, the colours arnt interesting if you makes every times same for GND and so on, only is more conventional to use black for GND/ref, & red or other colour for signals (even by batteries: black is GND/middle contact & red is positive & blue is negative if you have a double supplyed system) :)
To my pdf-file:
positive polarity ist the external battery or pwr supply +, than the GND or even negative is = the negative polarity of your external battery or power supply.
THESE negative polarity is identical with your reference for all measurements(called GND too), & is = GND on your oscilloscope for clear situations.
Its often better for clean measurements/scope-screens if you put a bigger electroliyics on the + & - poles on your test breadboard (100 uF or so)...

Status
Not open for further replies.