Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Amplifier. Which class should I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no no... I mean if you not post your solution then I could post mine and then it would be same as yours.

My english is bad that's why I am not getting what should I write that you understand what I am trying to say.

In short. I have done it. My answer is same as yours.

Well , if we simplify it more and more we can write something like this : AV= XC/XC+XL . now can you write vc , ( vc is out put voltage ) according to these formulas : IC=c*dv/dt and VL=-L*di/dt ?

Seriously I am not getting how to use IC and VL formulae in finding output voltage. Any hint?

OK. So I have to integrate it. Right?

- - - Updated - - -

I am getting this,

I have integrated this equation from 0 to t.

Vc = V0(1-e^(-t/T0))

Where,
T0=Time constant.

Is it right sir?

No it is not correct ! it is a simple first order differential equation , see here :
integral.JPG
You understand ?

Congratulations !
Now can you remember VC ? i/Cintegral over Ic dt ? so what is Ic ? can we write it according to the IL ? ( Ic=IL ) . show me the result .

Are you there?

- - - Updated - - -

Now can you remember VC ? i/Cintegral over Ic dt ? so what is Ic ? can we write it according to the IL ? ( Ic=IL ) . show me the result .

Sir I didn't get what you mean by Ic=IL. I know the current in series is same. But Ic is under the integral of Vc's equation (equation for capacitor voltage). I have to differential the equation in order to separate Ic from there.

BTW: I have attached the image what I did.
Here it is . Tell me, am I right anyhow?
Capture.JPG

Is it low pass filter? But this has not RC network. So it may not be a low pass filter.

That is what I know and I guessed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I want to say one more thing sir. In our university math teacher has not teach us how to evaluate double integrals.

Of course it is a low pass filter . it is a 2nd order low pass filter . but it is an integrator too ! ( average taker ) ha ha ! got it now ? what i tried to say ?
see below please :
int.JPG
Both of the circuits that you can see above , are integrators and of course LPF . but those are first order . if you remove resistors and connect circuits together it will given the circuit that we have talked about it at past .
By the way , do you know why that LC circuit is LPF ? ( i think you understood why it is integrator after looking at my latest literature ?
By the way do you know meaning behind word order in filters ?

it is a 2nd order low pass filter

We have double integral that is why it is 2nd order. I think.

By the way , do you know why that LC circuit is LPF ?

It will allow to pass the frequency that are lower than cutoff frequencies. Is that you are asking for sir?

Humm ! let me clarify those definitions !
2nd order means 6dB attenuations at cutoff frequency and first order means just 3dB attenuation . however it means : 2nd order has two pole , but first order has just one pole . the phase shift of a first order can't exceed from 90 degree but for 2nd order can be around 180 degree .
RC filters at high powers are not reasonable choices but LC families are pretty reasonable .
And about that LC filter : as you probably know impedance of each inductor will increase by increasing the frequency right ? and for capacitor vice versa . ok ? what does it mean ? can you think about this sentence and the configuration of that LC circuit ? if yes tell me what you can understand from it ?

2nd order means 6dB attenuations at cutoff frequency and first order means just 3dB attenuation . however it means : 2nd order has two pole , but first order has just one pole . the phase shift of a first order can't exceed from 90 degree but for 2nd order can be around 180 degree .

I already know these points you described here.

RC filters at high powers are not reasonable choices but LC families are pretty reasonable .

I don't know this thing. Now I have knowledge about this when to use LC family and when to use RC. LC for high powers and RC for low powers.

And about that LC filter : as you probably know impedance of each inductor will increase by increasing the frequency right ? and for capacitor vice versa . ok ? what does it mean ? can you think about this sentence and the configuration of that LC circuit ? if yes tell me what you can understand from it ?

Xc=1/(2*pi*f*C)
If frequency increases then impedance of capacitor will decrease.

XL=2*pi*f*L
If frequency increases then impedance of the inductor too.

I think this is what are you asking for by the statement "can you think about this sentence and the configuration of that LC circuit ? if yes tell me what you can understand from it ?"

As you saw , we have an LC filter . with a series inductor and a parallel capacitor in out put ( with this assumption that load resistor is pretty high ) . if you increase input frequency , the XL will increase and then XC will decrease as well . then out put voltage will decrease . you understand ? it means it is LPF . are you agree with me ?

OK OK.. It is new to me. Now, I get it.

So if I say,
"we have an LC filter . with a series capacitor and a parallel inductor in out put. If we increase input frequency , the Xc will decrease and then XL will increase as well . then out put voltage will increase. So is this refers to the High pass filter?"
Am I right sir?

Surely you are right !

- - - Updated - - -

So , now i think i can continue ! can you remember that mosfet and square wave issue ? we have needed a circuit to take average ? ok ? now we can use this circuit :
Bu.JPG
But this circuit has a problem . can you tell me what is that ? ( assume that mosfet is used as a switch and we have an LC LPF in out put ! ( Inductor and switch ! ) ) tell me the problem if you can .

Status
Not open for further replies.