Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Writing eeprom flash memory of node mcu

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapu

Full Member level 5
Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,
I have designed multi event alarm clock by node mcu.i store alarm schedule on eeprom of node mcu.here now I want to add or edit alarm times by using mobile app.where I will set all alarms and post to node mcu.But how to make app and edit code for eeprom to take data from mobile.please give me hints.
Thanks,
Tepu

but now I observed time is 8 minute back in 7 hours
This is what I call the "root cause" problem.
An optocouple may cure the (or better say ONE) symptom ... and while the root cause still exitsts it still has impact on the function ...

In the end it´s your decision what sources to "believe", what posts to find useful, how to do electronics design, how long it takes you to get a reliable and accurate application.

Klaus

Code might becomes too long.it can be little or more short by editing code.but here I have to use both user setting time and editting alarm functions and more.
Here I didn't understand "root cause" in function . Please klausSt explain this issue in detail.
Regards
Tepu

Hi,

"root cause" is the very reason for anything to happen.
It tells you WHY things are as you see them.

Example:
Before we talked about EMI/EMC .. that has influence (hang) on your microcontroller. It could be improved by design and filters (and more)
Your way to solve the problem was not to remove/attenaute the noise source .. your way was to just to do anything that removes the symptom. Technically without knowing why the problem was cured.

With the RTC it´s the same. You may follow datasheets, application notes, PCB design rules .. and your RTC will work accurately ... or you may ignore all this and install another optocoupler (or any other device) next to the RTC in the hope the RTC performance will improve.

I´d say you don´t necessarily need to connect the new optocoupler (or any other added device) ... and still the RTC may improve accuracy. Why? By adding the optocoupler you have to move some parts to the left or right, you have to move some traces and by good luck THIS improves the accuracy.

It´s your job, it´s your design, it´s your way of doing it. But I personally don´t rely on hope and luck and don´t like "trial and error method". I rely on science, physics, math.

I won´t force you to investigate time to find out (or learn) WHY the RTC is not accurate .. but it´s the way I solve problems. It works for me very well, thus I reccommend it to other people here in this forum.

You could cure the symptom by writing some code to compensate for the accuracy error. Maybe works. But there is a good chance that you get the next accuracy problem when a cellular phone is nearby .. or humidity or temperature changes.

Klaus
Added: I guess we never saw a PCB layout .. nor a complete schematic. I guess you may have your reasons why you hide informations that we need to find out the root cause of a problem.

tapu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I had read replies.but too busy to continue post.might be some or more pcb design errors.can I give schematics design and pcb files to diagnose error ?

Status
Not open for further replies.