Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the salaries in Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Salaries in ASIA

a bachelor should no more than 500$ but the master will over 800$

sgperzoid said:
dog1357 said:
xofun said:
so far as i konw, in China main land, a bachelor can earn about 800$/month.Maybe it is little in dolar, but much in rmb (it will be more if rmb devalue, but i donot think it will).

Of course, if u r in a foreign company, the salary will much hige.mabe>10000rmb

best wishes

for bachelor in most of cities in China, 500US$ is very high for a fresh graduate. for shanghai and beijin, maybe higher standard.

Actually in Shanghai and beijing, the situation is quite same... few graduates can get more than 500USD

and the trend is that sales people get much more salary than the design people

what a pity

Thinkie said:
Is Dubai the only place in middle east where there are some jobs in VLSI ?

Mainly egypt has VLSI jobs .. I heard also that Jordan has .. and there are some spots in Maroc and Lebanon I guess ..

Dubai is newly entering the field .. but with its facilities and economic weight, maybe it will boom in a short time .. hopfully ..

omara007 said:
Thinkie said:

Mainly egypt has VLSI jobs .. I heard also that Jordan has .. and there are some spots in Maroc and Lebanon I guess ..

Dubai is newly entering the field .. but with its facilities and economic weight, maybe it will boom in a short time .. hopfully ..

You forgot to mention Israel ;)

cmos babe said:
omara007 said:
Thinkie said:

You forgot to mention Israel ;)

Israel is considered Europe. At least the FIFA considers it a euoprian country :D .. I prefer to consider it the same too :)

So Mr Omara based on the information you have about Dubai what do you recommend for a fresh graduate like me who wants an engineering job , doesn't matter if it's in embedded systems, VLSI, DSP..? I have a computer engineering degree but I've never been interested in IT or networks. I'm interested to know your opinion.

cmos babe said:
So Mr Omara based on the information you have about Dubai what do you recommend for a fresh graduate like me who wants an engineering job , doesn't matter if it's in embedded systems, VLSI, DSP..? I have a computer engineering degree but I've never been interested in IT or networks. I'm interested to know your opinion.

I guess u r the one who has real information about Dubai :)

In general, my opinion for fresh grads is that they have to work inland for at least couple of years and build a local experience before they think of leaving abroad ..

Salaries in ASIA

Is it okay to work in IT then change later since I may not be able to find an engineering job now?

cmos babe said:
Is it okay to work in IT then change later since I may not be able to find an engineering job now?

I have no idea where indeed you are staying now .. r u effectively in Dubai ? .. do you already have a job there ?

If you want my opinion .. try to wait till u start with the job u want ... unless u will have to wait for too long .. in this case, u can start with something in iT and then switch later ..

By the way .. LSI Logic and Mindspeed in DSO are hiring .. why don't u try to contact them ? ..

If you are in Egypt for example, then u can try the local design centers till u build a relatively good experience in design .. then try to find a job in DSO or any other place .. keep in mind that u have to continue for masters and phd ..

omara007 said:
cmos babe said:

I have no idea where indeed you are staying now .. r u effectively in Dubai ? .. do you already have a job there ?

If you want my opinion .. try to wait till u start with the job u want ... unless u will have to wait for too long .. in this case, u can start with something in iT and then switch later ..

By the way .. LSI Logic and Mindspeed in DSO are hiring .. why don't u try to contact them ? ..

If you are in Egypt for example, then u can try the local design centers till u build a relatively good experience in design .. then try to find a job in DSO or any other place .. keep in mind that u have to continue for masters and phd ..

I live in Dubai and I was born here too, and I graduated a couple of weeks ago so I'm still jobless. And if I don't get hired at DSO it means that I should move or work in IT. And I hate IT not because it's a different domain but also because I almost know nothing about it. Anyway , I submitted my CV using the application form at www.dso.ae and that's about it. Do you suggest that I should go there in person ? I went to Mindspeed's website and I found nothing about their Dubai center except in the press section , And dso.ae rarely gets updated.

Yeah also another problem is that we didn't have any advanced EDA tools like Synopsys s/w packages. :|

In this case, u need to wait for couple of monthes maybe u can get a good job in DSO .. if not .. why don't you try to find a design job in Egypt (if u r egyptian) ? ..
If this is not applicable .. then u will have to get any job .. iT or whatever .. and continue searching for a design job ..
I believe this is the best scenario if u want to continue in the design field ..

which university did u graduate in ?

omara007 said:
In this case, u need to wait for couple of monthes maybe u can get a good job in DSO .. if not .. why don't you try to find a design job in Egypt (if u r egyptian) ? ..
If this is not applicable .. then u will have to get any job .. iT or whatever .. and continue searching for a design job ..
I believe this is the best scenario if u want to continue in the design field ..

I'm not Egyptian I'm Palestinian. I graduated at Ajman University www.ajman.ac.ae .Well this scenario is what I was thinking of too but I've heared that employers prefer fresh graduates to people who worked in a different domain and want to switch , is it true? If it is true then the only way I guess will be to continue and get my masters while I'm working. And getting an IT job isn't that easy either for someone with no IT background. :D

In China ,a bachelor should have 600$ but the master will over 1000$ in Shanghai.
But it depend on what company you work in.If you are in microsoft you can earn 2000$ per month.

cmos babe said:
omara007 said:

I'm not Egyptian I'm Palestinian. I graduated at Ajman University www.ajman.ac.ae .Well this scenario is what I was thinking of too but I've heared that employers prefer fresh graduates to people who worked in a different domain and want to switch , is it true? If it is true then the only way I guess will be to continue and get my masters while I'm working. And getting an IT job isn't that easy either for someone with no IT background. :D

As I told u .. search in both directions .. design and iT .. and if after couple of monthes u couldn't find a design job, try the iT .. and let's not make Networks the real definition of iT .. why not u search for a programming job ?? .. C/C++ .. Java .. things like this .. these are quite close to the design flavor ..

A good thing that u said .. u can also continue with Masters .. at least if u couldn't get a design job, u can tell the people after 2 years that u were doing masters in design ..

As long as u r Palestinian .. can't u still go to Jordan or Egypt ? .. I know it looks insane to leave Dubai for Jordan or Egypt :D ... but they do have good companies in the field .. sure they won't pay much same as dubai .. but they will give u real experience .. still I think u can continue in Dubai .. just be optimistic ..

For the employers .. some of them do prefer those who used to work the same job since graduation .. but it's not the end of the world if u worked as a Software engineer or iT engineer then decided to switch to design .. u can work for a year or so and there is no harm .. specially that u say that u will be linked to design through a masters .. please don't worry .. do what u have to do and leave the rest for Allah ..

Salaries in ASIA

Can we make a list with all companies doing VLSI , IC or RF Design in the Middle East Area ??

Thinkie said:
Can we make a list with all companies doing VLSI , IC or RF Design in the Middle East Area ??

Dear Thinkie ..
Where do you come from ?

Salaries in ASIA

I am from the UK but I want to make a survey about IC design and the Eastern Medittereanean/Middle East countries

omara007 said:
cmos babe said:
omara007 said:

As I told u .. search in both directions .. design and iT .. and if after couple of monthes u couldn't find a design job, try the iT .. and let's not make Networks the real definition of iT .. why not u search for a programming job ?? .. C/C++ .. Java .. things like this .. these are quite close to the design flavor ..

A good thing that u said .. u can also continue with Masters .. at least if u couldn't get a design job, u can tell the people after 2 years that u were doing masters in design ..

As long as u r Palestinian .. can't u still go to Jordan or Egypt ? .. I know it looks insane to leave Dubai for Jordan or Egypt :D ... but they do have good companies in the field .. sure they won't pay much same as dubai .. but they will give u real experience .. still I think u can continue in Dubai .. just be optimistic ..

For the employers .. some of them do prefer those who used to work the same job since graduation .. but it's not the end of the world if u worked as a Software engineer or iT engineer then decided to switch to design .. u can work for a year or so and there is no harm .. specially that u say that u will be linked to design through a masters .. please don't worry .. do what u have to do and leave the rest for ----- ..

Thanks for the answers , I appreciate it. And Ramadan Kareem. :D

jumono2002 said:
Only in Japan and Korea you will earn high salary. The rest of Asian country is just cheap labour for EE students.

it's not that other countries are cheap labours for EE students...we are actually living in a place where the cost of living is not that high...and the amount of salary is good enough for us...

In Japan U can get around 50man (nearly 4500 US dollers/month)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back