Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Volts amps and resistance increase for RG6 cable

Edblue95

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How does rg6 cable or series 6 cable gets an increase from volts, amps and resistance from a mpeg2 Dish Network system?

That is a very vague question, are you asking how power is applied to the cable from the system? You don't normally 'get' resistance for a cable, it is an intrinsic property we usually want to avoid.

Can you give an example of how this cable is connected please.

Brian.

That is a very vague question, are you asking how power is applied to the cable from the system? You don't normally 'get' resistance for a cable, it is an intrinsic property we usually want to avoid.

Can you give an example of how this cable is connected please.
I just like to know what caused the increase because I don't have the Satellite TV accessory anymore just only know that it is connected to three dish network dp301 mpeg2 receivers, one dp34 switch, one dp quad lnb and one dp dual lnb. The dish network company only helps with TV display not the schematics of their equipment :(.

I'm still confused (note that we do not have Dish Network in Europe) but you question seems to be about "increase from volts, amps and resistance" which are not directly related to any TV distribution system. As I understand it, the cable to the dish itself carries power to the LNB (down-converter) and the power comes from the receiver box along another cable. The DP34 is a combiner, passing power from one or more receivers to one or more dishes, it passes the power through in one direction and the signals in the other. The resistance is a property of the cable itself and shouldn't change at all, except for a tiny shift with temperature, almost unmeasurable. When you say the volts and amps increase, how are you measuring those and what exactly are the volts and amps you see?

Brian.

You are asking about the operation principle of multi-channel LNB and LNB switch. You get most information in DP34 installation manual.

As far as I see, DP34 switch isn't designed to multiplex more than one LNB to multiple receivers without restrictions

How does rg6 cable or series 6 cable gets an increase from volts, amps and resistance from a mpeg2 Dish Network system?
increase from what? series 11?

For Radio Guide (RG) cables the loss in dB is frequency-dependent and diameter-sensitive if using the same construction.

I feel a rg6 cable volt, amp and resistance increase by disconnecting it. I no longer have the Satellite TV accessory anymore.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back