Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Verilog HDL - Book Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdogguru

Administrator
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please post your recommendations or critiques of books concerning Verilog HDL.

I have read several books dealing with Verilog over the past eight months, the following are two which I can strongly recommend:

**broken link removed**

Verilog HDL (2nd Edition) by Samir Palnitkar

A very good book for the beginner to intermediate user of Verilog. Assumes little or no previous knowledge of HDLs and builds a solid understanding of Verilog's syntax and operation. The book is also an excellent guide to writing testbenches, which most other texts seem to lack. It does however concentrate on simulation and deals with very little on synthesis and its related problems and issues.

**broken link removed**

FPGA Prototyping By Verilog Examples: Xilinx Spartan-3 Version by Pong P. Chu

An excellent introduction into synthesis using the Verilog HDL. Chu concentrates on the synthesizable subset of Verilog and using Xilinx's ISE and Digilent development board effectively demonstrates the problems and issues concerning the synthesis of a design in Verilog. The text also covers testbenches and their necessity to the design path.

I'm eager to read some of your recommendations.

When you have mastered the two previous texts and you're ready to roll up those sleeves and get your hands dirty, this is the next book to read:

**broken link removed**

Advanced FPGA Design: Architecture, Implementation, and Optimization

Do not purchase this book expecting the first half to be a regurgitation of the usual introductory of Verilog and its syntax, because ladies and gents its not there. We're talking the design and implemenation of real cores, AES, IEEE Floating Point, USB and others. Definitely not for the faint heart, but well worth it.

Just getting started on this text, but I'm already very impressed. The text is very strong on synthesis and how to avoid the pitfalls of unsynthesizable code. It also covers testbenches quite well.

51Ffo0wZDiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Advanced Digital Design with the Verilog HDL (2nd Edition)

You definitely need to add this one to your list.

verilog golden reference guide
also good book...
i am looking forward to read 100 Power Tips for FPGA designers

I think Verilog HDL by Samir Palnitkar is the best text to study verilog.

Principles of VLSI RTL Design A Practical Guide by Sanjay Churiwala -- > Advance level

Ensuring RTL intent
Creating simulation-friendly RTL
Creating timing-analysis-friendly RTL
Creating clock-domain-crossing (CDC) RTL
Creating power-friendly RTL
Creating DFT-friendly RTL
Creating timing-exceptions friendly RTL
Creating congestion-conscious RTL

**broken link removed**

since i am vhdl user,i found it difficult to do code in loose language (free from rules compared to vhdl which on the contrary is completely typed language)often ended up syntax error and unable to write universal code which is both simulation and sythesis compliant.. so firstly, i would like to stronger from language point and found Verilog golden reference guide but i dont find 'Verilog golden reference guide IEEE 1364-2001'.moreover,i also recommend another book for intermediate level engnineers 'Real_World_FPGA_Design_with_Verilog By Kenn Coffman'.
could anyone share Verilog golden reference guide IEEE 1364-2001 since i had it previous version.

**broken link removed** download the verilog material. If it doesn't works den reply me positively...... In that case i have to upload it somewhere n then send u d link......

@Aritra link given by u is nt wrking,,,,plzz upload verilog material somewhere...plzzzzzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.