USB keyboard interfacing with PIC microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an update .. about the choice of mcu
All this time i had PIC as the preferred choice .. and i also did some experiments and sample coding with PIC's
but even while communication at 1.5 Mbps, i atleast needed 9 MIPS or 12 MIPS better
since PIC's have a divide by 4 internal clock, only the newest pics with inbuilt 48MHz oscillator were good - but availability and cost was the deciding factor
as compared to atmel avr, i found that it operates at same frequency as external crystal, so 12MHz crystal gives me 12MIPS - good enough to start
I had an atmega8 at hand .. so that is what shall be used for experiments (however i shall want it to be compatible with 8 pin avr)
The atmega8 is slightly expensive than the PIC's i started with, but the code is meant to be compatible with smaller(cheaper) avr.

since i am heading father from what the OP wanted .. i am cutting myself away from this thread .. shall continue my doubts and discussion in a new thread
all suggestions .. and help .. are welcome.

m doing same kind of project in which m sending data from keyboard to pc via usb. m having pic18f4550 microcontroller.pls anybody give me schematic for max3421e as host with pic18f4550???

@drbizzarow : can u please send me ur code,schematic etc whichever u have worked on ps2 keyboard interface with PIC???
i need it urgently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…