Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB keyboard interfacing with PIC microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an update .. about the choice of mcu
All this time i had PIC as the preferred choice .. and i also did some experiments and sample coding with PIC's
but even while communication at 1.5 Mbps, i atleast needed 9 MIPS or 12 MIPS better
since PIC's have a divide by 4 internal clock, only the newest pics with inbuilt 48MHz oscillator were good - but availability and cost was the deciding factor
as compared to atmel avr, i found that it operates at same frequency as external crystal, so 12MHz crystal gives me 12MIPS - good enough to start
I had an atmega8 at hand .. so that is what shall be used for experiments (however i shall want it to be compatible with 8 pin avr)
The atmega8 is slightly expensive than the PIC's i started with, but the code is meant to be compatible with smaller(cheaper) avr.

since i am heading father from what the OP wanted .. i am cutting myself away from this thread .. shall continue my doubts and discussion in a new thread
all suggestions .. and help .. are welcome.

m doing same kind of project in which m sending data from keyboard to pc via usb. m having pic18f4550 microcontroller.pls anybody give me schematic for max3421e as host with pic18f4550???

@drbizzarow : can u please send me ur code,schematic etc whichever u have worked on ps2 keyboard interface with PIC???
i need it urgently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back