Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[URGENT] plz help mein to correct the code???

Status
Not open for further replies.

manvindar

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
[URGENT] plz help to correct the code

i have made a security system using this page but it doesnt seem to work....
can anyone see what is wrong with d code or ckt..

HTML:
http://www.avrprojects.info/avr-projects/gsm-based-home-security-system/

i am using 3.64mhz ceramic osc.,and the ckt part with magnetic switch is not there in my ckt so i am leaving the pins open......

Last edited:

Which model of GSM modem you use? On project page there is nothing about that component. How you solve that detail?

Did you change anything in the code which you find on project page or you use hex file from web site?

i am using sim300 module........
i checked the gsm modem by giving the AT commands in program manually and it seem to work cuz i could send sms...

and i didnt changed the code or the hex file......

Sorry, I was not able to use computer during the weekend.

My think you could have a problem with code, if sim300 module is not a same like in project which code you want to use. But you can send sms.

Is your problem receiving sms and processing it or something else?

my main problem is that i dont get any sms when i take out the jumper.....

2nd question-
do i need to connect rx and tx directly to sim300? becoz the gsm kit uses max232 to connect serial port to sim300

I do not have any experience with gsm modem in communication with microcontroller, but I am almost certain you need connect RX and TX pins directly to sim300.

If you see pins configuration of used microcontroller - ATmega8, you will see there are separate pins for RX and TX function. If you read datasheet for this microcontroler (link is in the name of microcontroller in this sentence), you will see next text:

For TX function
The USART Transmitter is enabled by setting the Transmit Enable (TXEN) bit in the UCSRB Register. When the Transmitter is enabled, the normal port operation of the TxD pin is overridden by the USART and given the function as the Transmitter’s serial output.
For RX function
The USART Receiver is enabled by writing the Receive Enable (RXEN) bit in the UCSRB Register to one. When the Receiver is enabled, the normal pin operation of the RxD pin is overridden by the USART and given the function as the Receiver’s serial input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back