Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unit circle notation of sine and cos waveforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicsman

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I see lot of books representing the sine and cosine waveforms in terms of unit circle notation. Is there is any particular advantage doing this? I hope this unit circle representation is different from phasor notation or both of them same?

I hope this unit circle representation is different from phasor notation or both of them same?

They are different notation but represent the same underlying process. The projection on the x-axis is the sine curve and the the projection on the y-axis is the cosine curve. The unit vector rotates at the same frequency. what kind of differences you are expecting?

You get an unit circle by plotting \( s(t) = e^{j\phi(t)} \) in the complex plane.

Descartes:
The more extensive and diverse the approaches to understand (or model/abstract) a concept are, and the more time a person spends thinking about these different aspects and approaches of the concept, the more likely he or she will be able to gain new insights through creative thinking.

The projection on the x-axis is the sine curve and the the projection on the y-axis is the cosine curve. The unit vector rotates at the same frequency. what kind of differences you are expecting?

i thought projection on x axis is cosine and projection on y axis is sin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back