Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TSYS03 Checksum

Status
Not open for further replies.

scopeprobe

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,
I'm currently writing some software for a microchip PIC to read a temperature from a TSYS03 I2C Digital Temperature Sensor, I'm reading the temperature register without a problem but i'd like to put the checksum portion of the data to some use however the datasheet isn't too helpful https://www.te.com/commerce/DocumentDelivery/DDEController?Action=showdoc&DocId=Data+SheetTSYS03A2pdfEnglishENG_DS_TSYS03_A2.pdf20011957-01

Does anyone have any idea of what sourcery i have to apply based on the datasheet description "The CRC byte can be used to check for bad data. It is determined over the entire data using polynomial 0x31"

They sound like they're stating the obvious but its not obvious to me

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I did an internet search "crc calculation polynomal"
And I think each hit of the first page gave good description, examples, wikipedia page, even online calculators are available.
Additiinally there are tutorial videos.
But the (my search) 3rd hit is an original "Microchip Application Note" with software example for PICs.

If this does not give enough information, then please explain what exact information you are after.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back