Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trouble designing 10MHz Colpitts Oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
i want to design common base colpitts oscillator with this orders:Rout=1kohm/F oscillating=5Mhz/L=1.2 micro H/Pout=20mw
please design this for me?

Since this thread appeared I made a Youtube video which might help. It's an animated simulation of Clapp oscillators (which is in the Colpitts family).

The second half shows a configuration which has an element of common-base operation.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKnarrvynIw

yes i know about Colpitts. i recently read solid state engineering book(MR Herbert L Krauss ) and i am familiar with colpitts but this is my first experience about designing
i also have another question about software are you working with "p-spice" or "h-spice" ?
please help me it is very important to me to design it till this Wednesday .

Well , no problem , but before that , tell , me , please , that are you familiar with : how an oscillator does work ?
Best Luck
Goldsmith
yes i know about Colpitts. i recently read solid state engineering book(MR Herbert L Krauss ) and i am familiar with colpitts but this is my first experience about designing
i also have another question about software are you working with "p-spice" or "h-spice" ?
please help me it is very important to me to design it till this Wednesday .

My simulator is a homebrew. My video portrays the common-base Clapp oscillator as seen described in articles about the NorCal 40A transceiver (a popular model). An internet search will turn these up.

Omit the capacitor which is beside the coil, and you have a common-base Colpitts, or something to start you in that direction.

dear Bradtherad
i do not see your video because of youtube is unavailable for me in my country if you any common base colpitts oscillator please draw that in one paint file with orders that i will can to see it.

if you any common base colpitts oscillator please draw that in one paint file with orders that i will can to see it.

See this link (schematic is Fig. 11.4 on page 6):

**broken link removed**

And here (schematic is Fig. 11.6 on page 5):

**broken link removed**

In choosing coil and capacitor values, it is common to make the coil value 100 to 10,000 times greater than the capacitor value.

A bias current should be added to the schematic diagram. This can be a potentiometer tapping anywhere between supply+ and ground, to find a good operating point for the transistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back