Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

There is problem in my LNA design, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

babydog0

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When i run LNA simulation, after finished , In Output log, i found "No DC path from node XXX to ground ". and "error" displays next to the balun port. In ADE, i run sp and dc simulation in sequence. i don't know why this happend.

this LNA has a differential CG stage, i directly couple the balun differential outports to the sources of CG MOS, i thought balun can offer a dc path to the CG stage, i don't know if am i right or wrong?
Actually, a balun should have 4 ports, one single-ended port, two differential ports, and a gnd port. But the balun i am using in Spectre only three ports, i don't know if Spectre balun default to include a gnd port.

OK, I don't know which simulator your using here but when it says "No DC path from node XXX to ground ", have you tried putting a 10M resistor in the simulation from the node to ground to see if that clears the problem? It's a quick thing to try and it might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.