Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Stepper motor drive problem using mach3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saad_111

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends, i want to drive stepper motor from parallel port through mach3 software, i connected the step and direction pins to the the driver of stepper motor and configured the mach3 accordingly, but it didn't work. Now to find the trouble i tried to check the pulses from step pin of the parallel port, but no signal found just noise comes. Please anyone help me how can i do it, my problem is that the pulses should come from the pin configured as step pin. If anyone can help then please help me soon, i am in trouble. Help me please please.

Hello Saad,
Mach3 is pretty straight on LPT. I would suggest you to please go through following steps to resolve your LPT issue.

1. Are you sure that your LPT port is in working condition. You may connect an external LPT printer to quickly test your LPT port.
2. Are you sure that you are looking at the right pin at LPT port? please see following page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_port
3. Did you try to debug your LPT port pins using software debugging tools such as : https://stadi.hu/sw/lptdebug_en.html.
Please connect an LED or measure voltage through DVM to debug your LPT port issue.
4. Are you sure you have correctly defined the base address for your LPT port. Normally default value for the LPT port is 0x378 but it may be different.
Please make sure that the BIOS of your PC correctly enables the LPT port in bidirectional mode and has correct value of base address as 0x378

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back