Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM800 Failed to connect over PPP (AT+CGDATA="PPP",1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopecdav

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Iam triing to integrate SIM800C24 into our hardware design. Almost everything works well.

I was able to communicate the device over AT commands, I succesfully connected to a network and initialize a PDP context.
problem comes when i try to connect device over PPP protocol with command AT+CGDATA="PPP",1 (or ATD*99#)
The device respond as "CONNECTED" but imidiatelly after that start to blink fast with the netwrok LED and returns the message "Failed to create the dial"

I have tried to flash a latest firmware, check the power supply and anntena signal and everything seems to be ok, I can easily send SMS (phone call i cant try since is disabled on my SIM card).

does anybody know what is the cause of this issue?
Thank you very much ! and iam adding the sequence of used AT commands and responses

Log from serial terminal

AT

OK
AT+CPIN?
AT+CPIN?

+CPIN: READY

OK
AT+CREG=2
AT+CREG=2

OK
AT+CGREG=2
AT+CGREG=2

OK
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","TM"
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","TM"

OK
AT+CGATT?
AT+CGATT?

+CGATT: 1

OK
AT+CSQ?
AT+CSQ?

ERROR
AT+CSQ
AT+CSQ

+CSQ: 20,0

OK
AT+CGDATA="PPP",1
AT+CGDATA="PPP",1

CONNECT
[00][00][00][00][00][00]RichEd32.dll[00]Failed to create the dia[00][00][00][00][00][00]RichEd32.dll[00]Failed to create the dia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back