Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Samsung UE40C6510UP left/right screen inconsistency

k-krzych

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

Hello,
This is my first TV repaired, i do normally pc and audio repairs. I need some help please.
Tv had a humidity issue on flat cables that connect T-Con with screen.
Contacts were oxidated on left side of the screen. In consequence left side was black with vertical stripes.
Contacts cleaned, and I had to make the flat cable well attached too its contacts stuffing the space under with tiny plastic sponge. All works.

The problem is that now there is a visible difference between right and left side of the screen
How can I fix this, please?

Attachments

• IMG20240406112538.jpg
    IMG20240406112538.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG20240406201037.jpg
    IMG20240406201037.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 41
Get the schematic diagram of the t-con board and check the voltages there

Also is the back light normal at right and left?

Get the schematic diagram of the t-con board and check the voltages there

Also is the back light normal at right and left?
Thank you. Both back light are ok, and voltages from psu also. Yes I had some inconsistencies with low voltages and disturbances (oscilloscope check) on T-con. In first place i ran the T-con with ultrasound cleaner, then made sure that all oxidation from contacts onboard and on the flat cables are gone. Cleaned all IC soldering from mb.

Worked as a charm. Picture is perfect now.
Thank you for placing me on the right track.

Attachments

• IMG20240407180605.jpg
    IMG20240407180605.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 28

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: