Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

QL355TP Power Supply Automation

Status
Not open for further replies.

satheeshvelu

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I'm trying to automate QL355TP Power supply using Python or LabView. If Instrumentation experts out there could you please share your thoughts?

Hi,

I established several remote controls for different kinds of instruments. Most of them can be controlled by SCPI [1]. I used MATLAB to write the control script, as Phyton is also a script language this MATLAB driver might be useful [2].

BR

[1] https://rfmw.em.keysight.com/wireless/helpfiles/n519xa/Content/SCPI Command Reference/SCPI_list.htm
[2] https://www.mathworks.com/hardware-...tti-ql-series-power-supplies-from-matlab.html
Hi Stenzer,

Thanks for your inputs. This is really useful.
I'm using the attached commands. Interface is USB. Internally the commands pass through UART. Defined COM Port & Baud Rate 9600.

import pyvisa
rm = pyvisa.ResourceManager()
rm.list_resources()
('ASRL1::INSTR', 'ASRL2::INSTR')
inst = rm.open_resource('ASRL1::INSTR')
print(inst.query("*IDN?"))

To read Voltage, the said command format is
V<N> <NRF> Set output <N> to <NRF> Volts.

print(inst.query("V1 5.00"))

I'm unable to get it this result.

I will also try with Matlab cos the driver is specifically for this PSU.

But eventually I will still need to get it done on Python/C# to support other interfaces.

Thanks,
Satheesh

Attachments

• QLT355TP_Commands.pdf
    109.1 KB · Views: 272

Status
Not open for further replies.