Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulse Oximeter Photodetector

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisWijaya

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am currently designing a transmission pulse oximeter using TSL257 photodetector. However, I could not observe any PPG waveform after i inserted my finger between the LED and photodetector. It is as if the light from LED directly shines onto the photodetector and does not pass through my finger. I am using 5V power supply which is well within the operating range of this photodetector. Also, the LED I used is of 640nm wavelength, to which this photodetector is highly sensitive (according to data sheet). I tried changing the light intensity but even low intensities won't work. I have read in some other discussions that I need to produce a huge change in voltage with a small change in illumination. Can anyone please help me and suggest what I should do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back