Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with newest Nvidia drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moterrola

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, this is my first post on the forum.

Tldr:
Windows 10 pro - Nvidia A100 doesn't work with 516.94 driver, tried 516.31 as well and everything is fine except CST doesn't detect it until I downgrade to 463.15

Details:
I have a problem with my CST workstation. It's got Nvidia A100 40GB PCI-E GPU and everything worked great until some time ago. I fell behind with the driver updates for my GPU and I decided to install the newest driver recently. The newest version on Nvidia's webpage was 516.94. After the update, CST stopped detecting my GPU, even though the rest of the system seems fine with it - no yellow triangles in device manager (it's Windows 10 pro), nvidia-smi seems to detect the card just fine, it's a problem with nothing else than just CST. The driver suggested by CST in the newest GPU computing guide ( https://updates.cst.com/downloads/GPU_Computing_Guide_2022.pdf ) was 516.31, I tried that one, but the problem persisted. I can't get it to work until I go all the way back to 463.15. I'm running CST Studio Suite 2021 SP5. Did anyone else ever encounter such problem?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.