Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with sensor and 8051. its urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

torana

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sir
iam using SPO2 sensor with at89s51 microcontroller. i think i will go for ADC also.

but i dont know the pin details of sensor, i mean where to give VCC and ground. what is the supply voltage and which one is the data line.

for sensor details please follow the link: https://www.sunrom.com/376

thank you sir.

You put a AC coupled, current limited square wave across pins 2 and 3, this then switches on the two LEDs one after the other. You then feed pin 5 via a high value resistor from some voltage source, the voltage then at pin 5 will be a square wave offset from 0V. The ratio of the two levels will be the ratio of the de-ox to ox levels. i.e. if its 100% then you will get just a dc out with no change between the two readings.
Frank

Reactions: torana

torana

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thank you sir. i dont know how to put a AC coupled, current limited square wave across pin 2 and 3.
waiting for peply

thank you.

For a start the current rating of the LEDs is unknown, most will handle 10 mA*. lets use a 5V supply, the LEDs will drop about 2 V, so feed both lines from the 5V supply via a (5-2)/.01 = 300 ohm resistor. Now connect two NPN transistors, collectors to each resistor/LED junction, emitters to earth, leaving the bases free. Now when one transistor is on, it shorts out one LED and makes a current path for the other. Feed the output from a multivibrator or a square wave from your micro into the bases via a 4K7 resistor with each base getting an out of phase signal. i.e. when one output goes positive the other goes to earth.
* Check this with manufacturer
Frank
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back