Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIN LABEL TEXT, difference between pin label and text

Status
Not open for further replies.

henrywent

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pin label

hi there,
i am new to analog layout design, and really confused about the following three concepts: PIN LABEL TEXT. can label be used as a pin, why are there so many different text layers, say metal1 text, metal2 text... what are those layers supposed to be used for?(i think one text layer should be enough). what the difference between pin label and text? please help me out, thanks in advance!
regards
henry

difference pin and label

hi henry,

PIN LABEL TEXT issue.

PIN(pin) layer - normally used for PIN recognition for your layout if you're using Calibre verification tool the (pin-layer) must be use for the PIN and TEXT. Assura PIN(pin- layer) and TEXT(txt-layer).
Label(label)layer - normally to label or put notes in your layout or naming the instances for clarity of your layout.
Text(text or pintext) layer - used for the text of the PIN or the name of the pin.

henrywent

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back