Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PICKIT2 Traget ID not matching the PIC 16F877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhan2madhan

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends,
I bought a PICKIT2 Clone china make USB programmer.And I have a PIC developement board bought from 3rd Party.When I connect the ICSP to the PIC board and opening the PICKIT2 software its showing the following Error,

Errror: Unsupported PART(ID=1E60).
When Im Connecting through the MPLAB its shows following,

Found PICkit 2 - Operating System Version 2.32.0
Target power not detected - Powering from PICkit 2 ( 5.00V)
PKWarn0003: Unexpected device ID: Please verify that a PIC16F877A is correctly installed in the application. (Expected ID = 0xE20, ID Read = 0x1E60)
PICkit 2 Ready

Note:Target LED in the Programmer is continously Glowing.

Is my PIC is Got a Problem or the Programmer is the program.

Before Some days it was working very well.

Please Help Me .Its Very Urgent.

What development board are you using? Do you have a schematic?

Hi Thanks for your reply.
Its not a branded board its simply assembled board just having a PIC 16f877a controller,serial port and power supply.Sorry I don't have any Schematic diagram for that.

Are you sure the pins from the pickit are connected correctly, I once connected mine with the pins reversed and after that it would not identify the chip, I must have blown the chip.

Hi,

If you have the Pickit2 V2.61 program running first check that the MANUAL DEVICE SELECT is turned off.

If no effect then go into the TOOLS menu and follow the TROUBLESHOOT tests.

Have you got any other pic chips to try ?

Hi sorry for my late reply,I tried a lot with troubleshoot in PICkit 2 software but I cant clear the Problem.I bought a new Chip,Its working Properly.Somewhere the short circuit is happend in my application circuit during testing.Thanks for Your Great Ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.