Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC and GUI using VC++...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhasski

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys , i m using pic18f87j50 in my project of a counter to take data from FPGA and send it to PC using USB. I need to build a GUI using VC++ but i dont know much about the coding of pic as well as VC++ . How can i create a link bw my controller and GUI and code it down asap, pls help me out .

hey bhasski, inorder to obtain a connection between the pc and the pic you'll need to use the on board US-ART module in the pic. but as i noticed you said that you don't know much about pic programming. so my advise is to start first to flash led on and off and then upgrade your test to flash the led based on a bush button and LCD. there is a massive examples and projects online just google it. if you focus on it! it wont take 5 to 6 days and you are okay in pic just focus. also it highly recommended to read the datasheet of the pic your are using.. read it to the last details. to get familiar with its modules and registers!.. but before this you need to decide which language you need to communicate with the Pic micro-controller. is it C?, Is it Basic?!, or it is assembly. once you decide this download the suitable programmer and check its help content . it is very useful you'll find examples on every single module inside the pic.

once you do this. then you are ready to do your own project using pic micro-controller (any family) . and sure you'll face many many problems in the coding and implementation (but we are here to help you and help each others as well). but you must start on your own first. no one will give you a taplet called (pic 18f452 serial communication). you need to be familiar first with what you are using.

well all what i said above was the Easy way!. if you want to go for the hard way. no problem. just tell me what language you do prefer. and i'll give you a sample code :)))

-----------------------------------------

Science Is An Option.

Status
Not open for further replies.