Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

orcad to cad star conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

skarthikshines

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all..
i am having orcad 16.3 nad cadstar 12 licensed software.. i am using orcad for schematic drawing and simulation .. for layout am using CADSTAR 12..
I need to know how to convert the the orcad schematic file into cadstar schematic..kindly say the procedures

you may not be able to convert OrCAD Schematic into cadstar schematic, unless CADSTAR schematic reads OrCAD database. Instead you can try creating netlist from OrCAD and reading into cadstar. OrCAD Capture allows you to generate netlist in several formats. You can select the one which is accepted by CADSTAR, by choosing Tools>Create netlist>Other TAB

Hi, you can try intermediate format EDIF200 which you can extract from OrCAD Capture
Or you can try a translation provider like Elgris - they can translate schematic for you

I have tried this in past. conversion of Orcad to EDIF and EDIF to Cad star does not work efficiently. It results in loss of many attributes. And especially the heterogeneous parts will suffer a lot in this conversion. If you are doing a Cad Star layout, try generating a Cad star compatible netlist from Orcad (this was possible in version 9.0- must be available even now)- use RINF.DLL option.

Status
Not open for further replies.