Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

no device detected/how does the detection process work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi wp100, saints be praised i found the trouble. at the programmer output connector, there was a solder short(r10)) to pin 5. programmer is working perfectically as verified (programmed 16f628a). so it appears the clk and data lines were tied together thru r10, 100 ohm resistor. ah, it so nice when the mystery is solved. regards pg

Hi,

Thats good to hear, everythings is so simple - once you find it ! :-D

So whats next, more building or on with some easy programming ?

hi, actually, i working on a smd version of the same programmer. some guys collect stamps, i make pic programmers. agtain, thanks for everything. BTW, do you like lobsters? cause, now i owe you and john blue. regards, pg.

Hi,

Well have use tried and used all the features available with the PK2Lite ..?
There is the Logic Analizer tool and the Usart Tool to simulate comms with a PC

Also be aware you can program 3v3 devices with the Pk2 Lite - a couple of simple ways to do that.

Have a look at FunnyNYPDs site for Pk2 SMD info.
CB0703 - PCB (PICKit2) for Do It Yourself and Microchip PIC Fans

hi, yes i was thinking about the cb0703. looks like a really good deal. thanks for the info. most of the programming i do, is really simple stuff. i usually use someone elses hex code for pic projects. regards pg.

Status
Not open for further replies.