Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help in filter design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmad Mheadat

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
A single sinusoid is added to noise which has a bandwidth of 5 kHz centered about 7.5 kHz. The sampling rate of the system is 20 kHz. the signal is here
https://www.4shared.com/file/XsBo5Ct6/ahmad.html?
1- Design Butterworth, Chebyshev, and elliptic filters to separate the signal from the noise. Use the same specifications for all filters (you choose the specs). Compare the number of coefficients required for each filter.
2- Pass the signal produced through each of the filters produced in 1. By looking at plots or printouts of the filtered signal, estimate the frequency and amplitude of the sinusoid.
3- Turn in your estimates of the frequency and amplitude of the sinusoid and plots to verify your conclusions.

i need help
thank you
regards

Ahmad,

what is your specific question?

View attachment LPF matlab.zipthank you for answering me

I choose 4khz as passband edge and 7.5khz as stopband edge and 1dB as passband ripple and 32dB as stop band Attenuation ,I choose these values to get low order
could you tell me if there more reasons to choose these values

and

i get order 4 butterworth,3 for chepshev ,3 for elliptic i filter the signal but i don't get sinusoid

for part 2 i don't now how to find the amplitude and frequency

i have attache my work

i would be grateful if you help me of that
thank you again

Hi
I want to design a PLL,and i dont know how can i design a first order low pas filter,i cant use matlab functions,and i want to write a filter my self,i would appreciate if anybody can help me.

San Francisco best parties

One of best San Francisco party is fancy dress party guests wear masks to conceal their identities. Guests at a costume party or a fancy dress party wear costumes. These parties are sometimes associated with New Year’s events, such as dance and drinking Singles dance party and mixer. San Francisco is the forum for all type of party and especially for New Year’s party.
San Francisco best parties

Status
Not open for further replies.