Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MoM and FEM results different, even with strong refinement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feitoza

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am designing a microstrip monopole antenna for UHF RFID range. I trust the MoM S-Param results, but I need to validate the design also using FEM, considering that the radiation characteristics calculated by FEM are more trustable (because MoM considers the lateral extension of substrate infinite). I've read several threads of forums and I found suggestions to use a small delta S (for instance, 0.05---0.001) and to rise the maximum number of adaptive passes. I am using delta 0.001 and 60 adaptive passes, and I am still getting unphysical results for my antenna, even though the calculation time is very long. Also, when I export to EMPRO and use this same settings, I run out of memory and the simulation ends in an error. Can you help me with some advanced FEM settings in order to help me with this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.