Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for simulator for conformal antennas designs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Lupin,

here we are!

Keep in touch.

So,
considering a 2x2 planar array of squared patch antennas linearly polarized (H-Pol), considering a Uniform Amplitude and Phase excitation,
considering the elementar patch given by a probe-fed squared microstrip antenna the results are the following:

Directivity: 14.5 dBi
Beamwidth (-3 dB) : [-17.5° 17.5°] on fi =0°
Beamwidth (-3 dB) : [-19° 19°] on fi =90°
Nulls Position on fi =0° plane : [-46° +46°]
Nulls Position on fi =90° plane : [-46° +46°]
Computation time: about 30 seconds.
Can you also compute the contour plot?

Regards
Lupin

I feel to get exact comparison you should also give the patch dimension. And feed position. If everythin is same then I can try to get it simulated by IE3D. Can you attach the schematic of the array you have simulated.

:!: :idea: :?:

Lupin said:
So,
considering a 2x2 planar array of squared patch antennas linearly polarized (H-Pol), considering a Uniform Amplitude and Phase excitation,
considering the elementar patch given by a probe-fed squared microstrip antenna the results are the following:

Regards
Lupin

i don't think IE3D can do the work.it is based on MOM,SO it only can solve the 2.5D (planar)problem.
zealand FIDELITY can solve the 3D problem.it is based on FDTD.

Re: Conformal Antennas

Dear Alto64,
I've got no news about our planar array... In this time, I've enhanced my code.. now I can also study Crosspolarization Level and at the moment I'm working on conformal array. Can we still collaborate?

Regards
Lupin

I have to say, although a lot of time has passed since dragonlea posted his reply on this topic, that he is not write about MoM software.

It's not true that MoM software can not solve 3D problems.

Quite contrary, it can solve them very efficiently if it is based on Surface Integral Equations.

I am using WIPL-D Pro v4.1, and I am very satisfied with it!

It is MoM based, but it solves any 3D structure with a relatively small number of unknowns, thus it is quite fast.
Besides, MoM solvers are generally the most precise around.

Regards

Hi Lupin,
I have questions about you simulated fix antenna,could you tell which substrate did you choose?Roger,or Neltec,Arlon and so on?Did you think the conformal diecletric board is as good as the planar?
Thanks!
CaoCao
Lupin said:
So,
considering a 2x2 planar array of squared fix antennas linearly polarized (H-Pol), considering a Uniform Amplitude and Phase excitation,
considering the elementar fix given by a probe-fed squared microstrip antenna the results are the following:

Regards
Lupin

Listen,
I've been using my own MatLab code (not e.m.) and an e.m. code to make a "cross" check. I don't remember exactly the substrate adopted, I should check.. anyway..the pattern of every element is considerable as a cos(x) in both principal planes.
My code permits also the insertion of an "embedded" single element pattern..Typlically, this process is followed to consider the mutual coupling.
The comparison between my code and the e.m. code about the analysis of a planar array of 2 x 2 elements is satisfying for me (the only slight difference is in array Gain level, e.m. considers this effect, my code doesn't).
I wanted other people to exchange informations and configurations.
Can udialog in this way?
I want to establish other configurations.. more and more complicated..(at the moment I'm working on conformal structures) so if u have a code (some of them can be found on the net, I've no tiime to use them), we can make parallel instructive analysis ok?

Let me know it

Best regards
Lupin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back