learning to use MultiSim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Thanks a lot for the reply. It seems that I don't really understand the working of a center tapped transformer, therefore I have started a thread here: https://www.edaboard.com/threads/218858/#post929543

Please help me there if possible for you guys. I will resume this thread later. Thank you.

PS: I was wondering if there is any simulator which shows the flow of electrons in the circuit? Do you know of any?

Last edited:

Thank you, Jony.

1:
Please have a look here: https://img17.imageshack.us/img17/224/img0001ea.jpg

You can also see my questions there. I was expecting to get peak voltage of: 60V * 1.41 = 84.9V minus the voltage drop across the LED. Do you understand my question? Please help me. Thank you.

2:

Please have a look on this video: ‪capacitorburns.avi‬‏ - YouTube

As you can see as soon as the capacitor burns, the waveform becomes flat. Why is so? I don't think it should get flat rather I should get alternating positive waveforms.

Look at the situation as the positive swing.
As you can see the current flow from point A to load and back to B
So the load is connect directly between points A and B. And voltage across the load Vab must be equal 30V.
The load is connect between the upper part of the secondary winding coil.

And we have very similarly situation for negative swing, but now the load is connect between lower part of the secondary winding.
So the voltage across the load must be equal the voltage of the lower part of the secondary winding coil.
And this voltage is equal to 30V.

To get 60V across the load you need to add two extra diodes and disconnect point B.
So we end up with this schema

AS you can see we need to use the bridge rectifier to get 60V across the load.

It seems that capacitor made a short, so you have a short circuit and thats why voltage is 0V

Last edited:

This thread has started as a multisim tutorial and all the latest post were yenka and Circuit Wizard related which are a completely different subject.
I have created a new thread https://www.edaboard.com/threads/219668/ with the yenka and Circuit Wizard related posts

Post there any question about yenka or Circuit Wizard and continue here if you have any additional question about multisim.

Alex

Hi Alex

I have just PMed gulson about the issue. I'm not learning Yenka. I'm using Circuit Wizard and MultiSim; using Circuit Wizard instead of MS only because it shows the current flow which is in a way helpful for a beginner like me. In the latest posts I have simply trying to understand some electronics principles with the help of simulations and diagrams.

Best regards
PG

So the posts of the other thread are related to Circuit Wizard?
I have no idea because I have no knowledge of yenka or Circuit Wizard but in any case they are not related to multisim.

In the latest posts I have simply trying to understand some electronics principles with the help of simulations and diagrams.
This thread should be multisim related as stated by the title, there are other users watching the thread too they will be equally confused as me by the latest posts about other simulators.

If you want to ask about center tapped transformers then post to your other thread https://www.edaboard.com/threads/218858/
if you want something different then start a new thread but each thread should be limited to specific subjects so that it can be referenced in the future.

Alex

P.S. Gulson is unrelated to my actions, did you receive a "message moved" notification showing him as the sender?

Hi again, Alex,

P.S. Gulson is unrelated to my actions, did you receive a "message moved" notification showing him as the sender?

Yes, I did receive a message titled "Thread Moved" by Gulson.

Hi again

Would you please tell me if I can use Multisim or Circuit Wizard to build logic gates circuits? If I can then I guess such circuits will produce square wave on the o-scope.

Yes, you have all the gate in both programs and even more then the gate, you have flip-flops and counters.

Attachments

• CMOS_gen.rar
    4.3 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: PG1995

PG1995

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you, Jony.

Note: I have also posted the same posting in some other thread. I'm posting it here because it also concerns MultiSim. If you don't like it, you are free to delete it. Thank you.

As it is apparent from the reading of this thread that I have MultiSim and Circuit Wizard programs. They both let you use gates in electric circuits as Jony told me in his latest post in this thread. But I don't think they do what I describe below. Do they?

I want a program in which I can drag-and-drop the gates etc. and then simply describe the inputs to see what the output should be.

For example, suppose I have created the following circuit after dragging-and-dropping the NAND gates, then I state what the inputs would be to A, B, and C, and then the program tells me the output at Q.

**broken link removed**

In Circuit Wizard you can drag-and-drop the gates and set the inputs and outputs.
See the expel

Attachments

• NAND.rar
    7.5 KB · Views: 75

PG1995

Thanks a lot, Jony. You are a wizard!

If you have time, then please have a look here. Is this possible to make a Circuit Wizard or Multisim circuit from an image?

Best wishes
PG

Yes, it is possible to make this simple circuit. And you can make almost every circuit in Circuit Wizard and in Multisim.

Attachments

• as.rar
    110 KB · Views: 75

Hi Jony

You misinterpreted my query. At least I do know we can almost any circuit in Multisim or Circuit Wizard. You can write anything with word processor program but sometime you do need OCR program to convert the scanned material (or, text in image format) into editable format. Right. So, actually I was asking that if there exists a program which can convert scanned (or, a circuit in image format) into the one which we can use with Multisim etc. According to Alex, such a program doesn't exist. I have just checked his post in another thread.

My regards
PG

I also never heard of such a special program. So I repeat the Alex word, such a program doesn't exist.
Simply you need "scan" the diagram manually by draw the diagram in Multisim or Circuit Wizard yourself.

PG1995

I also never heard of such a special program. So I repeat the Alex word, such a program doesn't exist.
Simply you need "scan" the diagram manually by draw the diagram in Multisim or Circuit Wizard yourself.

Thank you for letting me know this. Although I'm not happy after hearing this!

Best wishes
PG

---------- Post added at 14:55 ---------- Previous post was at 13:07 ----------

Hi, again,

I was trying to experiment with the probe in both Multisim and Circuit Wizard. You can have a look here. In case of Circuit Wizard it only shows voltage at a point while Multisim one tells different types of voltage. Can't it tell current flowing so that I don't have to use an ammeter. Please let me know. Thanks a lot.

By the way, I have been comparing Multisim and Circuit Wizard for quite some times and have come to a conclusion that Circuit Wizard offers many great features especially for beginners as compared to Multisim.

Last edited:

The multisim probe can show current parameters but you have to place it on a net before you start the simulation.

Alex

PG1995

Thank you, Alex.

Jony: I await your reply on Circuit Wizard. Can the probe of CW display current etc.? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards
PG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…