Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LDO PSRR shape is not good

ErenYeager97

Newbie level 6
Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am simulating a LDO (output pole dominant) to regulate a negative voltage from a switching circuit.
The LDO schematic is shown below:

1722009783924.png

The opamp has open loop gain of 35dB, output capacitor is 2uF with small esr value of 20mOhm. The load resistance
is set to get output current draw around 50mA.

The PSRR starts worse from DC to low frequency and improves at high frequency. The PSRR curves I checked in datasheets,
start high in lower frequencies and get worse at higher frequency.

Here PSRR is shown for two different resistor values:

1722010257377.png

With DC PSRR that low I would suspect that the loop in not closed or the low open loop (the loop entire, not just the error amp) gain is making DC PSRR poor.

However it's also possible that the PSRR expression (which is truncated in the graph legend) may be "something else". Db(Mag(vout)/mag(vin)) plot is here, or if it is not here, looks like what?

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back