Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing Gas sensor, ATtiny13 and transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx a lot for your help.. now I am able to get timer, watchdog and ADC all working.
I'm now up to the part that I need to test the transmitter... Do you have any recommended way of transmitting testing?

I try to connect the bit PB0 to Data in of transmitter then set that pin as and output and also to logic 1 (Just like turning on LED).
I then set up the receiver which has the data out pin connect to LED. So my concept is actually is send logic 1 to transmitter, it will then deliver that to receiver and turn on the LED.
I also wish to control the LED on off, so when I set PB0 as logic 0, the LED will be off at the receiver part.

I'm not sure is it correct way to do this testing? Can I just plug in LED straight away without need of another micro controller.(If I need one please advice me on to read the pin)
I actually just want a simple way to test transmitter and receiver by turn on/off the LED. Please suggest if there is a better way.

PS. I try set up the receiver with LED and it seems that my LED keep blinking all the time even though I don't connect the transmitter, do you know what is wrong? Is it because not enough supply voltage for receiver? (Need 5V, my VCC might supply a bit lower than that)

PS2. here are the models or transmitter and receiver I am using, https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10534 and https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10532

Thank you :)

Last edited:

If the receiver LED is flickering even if the transmitter is disconnected, it may just be some noise, especially since the sparkfun
page says "Note: These modules are indiscriminate and will receive a fair amount of noise.".
Also, the comments on the sparkfun page seem to indicate some other people receive noise too. It could be that there is a
lot of transmissions occurring near 434MHz nearby : (
If it is just brief flickering, then this is not so bad - you can just transmit at a slower rate, so that your longer transmitted pulses are
distinguishable from this noise.
Check if your receiver is picking up external noise by temporarily shielding it in a metal box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back