Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Import GDS file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I had imported a GDS file in Cadence, but they are empty when I try to open some example/instances. When I am in a stream set up to import the GDS file, I choose my .gds and library name.

I've noted that the log file after translation had about 168 warnings and maybe the problem can be in some of those warnings. Here are two warnings that maybe can be the source of the problem:

"Target library 'PADframe' is attached to the technology library 'TECH_S35D4'. Therefore, the technology file is opened in read-only mode. All the undefined layer-purpose pairs will be dropped."

"Existing cells in the target library will be overwritten if the cell names in the Stream file and the target library are the same. To prevent this, set the '-writeMode' option to 'noOverwrite'."

Can anyone help me solve my problem?

Best Regards,
Francisco Oliveira

So GDS File does not share the existing Tech File therefore nothing is visible.

So GDS File does not share the existing Tech File therefore nothing is visible.
Thank you for your reply!

Yes, they are imported but all layouts are empty. Next, there is a PrintScreen with my library manager and for example a layout of a QFN16 that is the package that I need.

Best regards,
Francisco Oliveira

Attachments

• Screenshot-2.png
    Screenshot-2.png
    95.6 KB · Views: 200
  • Screenshot-3.png
    Screenshot-3.png
    140.9 KB · Views: 212

You cannot import anything as you wish. Because every GDS structure has a Technology Definition and these definitions must be compatible. For instance your GDS file has a tech. file containing -let's say- X_Metal Layer and this layer is NOT defined in your Cadence default tech. file, you surely will see nothing.
Therefore you have to import the layers first then transfer your layout.

You cannot import anything as you wish. Because every GDS structure has a Technology Definition and these definitions must be compatible. For instance your GDS file has a tech. file containing -let's say- X_Metal Layer and this layer is NOT defined in your Cadence default tech. file, you surely will see nothing.
Therefore you have to import the layers first then transfer your layout.
Thank you for your help! It already works properly.

Best regards and keep safe,
Francisco Oliveira

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back