Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to speedup my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Install tuneup utilities ..this will do all the required work :)
Or clear the temporary files.and disk fragmentation will also help

Put it on a high speed train, it will go faster then :)

Disk defragmentation, cleaning out temp folders etc will help.

Try and google it, there is a world of information on what to do out there.

Not knowing either your OS or what you have installed its hard to say and my crystal ball has flat batteries today :)

My pc was very slow. kindly say any idea to speed up my pc

Based on given informations, answer should be buy a new PC.

Speed is relative thing and depends how you look on that ?

What hardware configuration, OS, installed software, viruses/trojans, system tray full of softwares, .... ?

CPU/Cheapset heatsink is clean from dust, fan working and have normal speed,...

Best regards,
Peter

Save all valuable files in an external drive and reload the operative system, or change it to Linux.

Like the rest of the responses without information it is impossible to give a specific answer.
I just fixed a computer with the same complaint, very slow. It had a "aquarium" screen saver with swimming fish, a live news banner, live weather, 5 tool bars on I.E., pop-ups searching for ads and coupons on very key push, and nearly every app on the computer started at boot up. Many of these go out on the web at start-up to look for up-dates and to report your surfing history, all while you wait. My customer called the next day and said "its great, it is much faster, but how do I get all of my stuff back??"

The big 4 speed improvements are as follows:
1.) Minimize vampires by killing unused/hidden apps and Ad ware, a OS re-install is a good way to do this. Also Norton or McAfee virus packages can add a lot of overhead. I use MS MSE, it's there but I rarely know it.
2.) Plenty of unused disk space on a defragmented drive
3.) Adequate memory (>3GB of 32 bit OS and >6GB for 64bit OS)
4.) A separate video card (eliminates delay of video accessing system memory and frees system memory for the system)

I have several computers ranging from:
an old Pentium D dual core running XP (32bit)
Various i5 and i7 PCs with Windows 7 64
One with 2 Xeons (6 cores ea with HT) for 24 "cores" total and 128GB of memory running Ubuntu.

While the Windows-7 machines boot 30sec faster than the old Pentium D / XP machine, this old machine is as quick opening apps like MS Office or for web searching once up. All due to following the 4 rules above, especially #1.

The Xeon/Ubuntu machine takes many minutes to come up, sounds like a turbo leaf blower at first, and is fairly slow at general tasks. It shines at complex simulations using custom multi-threaded apps.

Save your all important files on external hard drive and format your PC. This will boost up to maximum speed provided that there isn't any problem with hardware parts.

What OS are you using?
What CPU?
How much RAM?
Is the OS installed on its own drive?
Do you have a SSD?

I went from XP Pro (32 bit) on a standard HD to Win7 Pro (64 bit) and put the OS on a SSD with 8 GB of RAM. It is noticeably faster. If you don't want new equipment, try a clean install of the OS on your hard drive.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back