Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do a PID control using a relay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: relay PID tuning

karesz said:
Hi,
I wrote the same in these topic at 28.febr:)...
Anyway, its indiscutable no more actuell, a calculated life cycle is enormous longer by not mechanical switches...
You should know; I do design in in my electronics relais too, but not for a regulator stage.
K.

I didn't say the lifetime of a relay would necessarily be longer, but in the right application, if you do the calculations it might be 200 years so I don't see why they need to be totally dismissed. They are simple, easy to drive and can easily meet isolation and creepage distances and are cheap which is why they are still used extensively in mains switching products.

Keith

relay PID tuning

OK Keith:)
You must know in your applications; I apply relais too, but not overall.
Its a little bit question of philosophy...
Best wishes!
K.

relay PID tuning

I hardly ever use relays, but they have their uses. The last time was gain switching for a 500MHz oscilloscope amplifier. They are easier for people to use sometimes and surprisingly cheap.

Keith

relay PID tuning

Fein!
Was it from Panasonic or Nds or some special pls?
Did you applyed sogar MEMS relais?
K.

relay PID tuning

This was a few years ago, but they were MEDER relays. I found some really nice Teledyne ones but they were too expensive for the application.

Keith.

relay PID tuning

Yes,
Meder is one of the leader:),
Teledyne is strong military-not to pay:-(
The sayed Panasonic/Nais (formerly SDS) Relais are nice miniatur but good and to pay too.
Paar months ago for a project I used, for power switching Tyco-Schracks PE014012 Mini Realy & for signal switching Matsushita_nais`s AGN20012 Ultra Small DTDP Relay; I was surprised how good they are, but these isnt new type, is 12 years old yet:)...
I know from other persons, that some small (Nais) types are good HF switcher up to X 100MHz, ca. 100W and so on.
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back