Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High frequecy edge slowing for 22MHZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

umesh49

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am trying to slow down the edge of 22MHZ clock and searching for appropriate solution.
I want to convert this clock to almost a triangular waveform without effecting my DC levels. it is 0 - 3.3V waveform. Using capacitor is adding a DC offset in my waveform. I would appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks in Advance;
Umesh

Using capacitor is adding a DC offset in my waveform.
That's not plausible and demands at least for detail explanation.

"Adding a capacitor" is rather vague. You can form a low-pass with the output impedance of the clock driver (what is it?) by a connecting a parallel capacitor. It would primarly cause a symmetrical waveform modification, unless the clock driver is very asymmetrical, e.g. a TTL output.

Generally RC or RLC low-pass filters are an appropriate means to "slow down" clock edges. You'll hardly get a triangle waveform with passive wave shaping circuits, rather exponential or gaussian pulse waveforms.

Adding a fixed resistor> ESR of the driver will give more linear results.
( typ 25 ohms for ALCV2@3.3V) and reduce the variation in ESR for logic 1 vs 0. which causes the shift in DC or average voltage for a 50% duty cycle signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back