Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FLYBACK DESIGN, PSR, BCM Mode, Constant current output design, Calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i know your situation.
All parameters are changing all the time so how do you calculate anything.
Well.......you fix at a particular position, and calculate for that position.

So take it at mains peak. Take the voltage there as a static case.

So do a flyback converter operating at mains VACrms*(sqrt(2))....Double the output power, and vout same as yours.
..you double the pout as at mains peak, a PFCd flyback is transmitting 2*pout(av)
--- Updated ---

Hi
Your Flyback design is as attached...this was 10 minutes work.
When you play with the sim you can see whats going on and know how to "mold" the design.

I will send you the LTspice sim of this soon.
LTspice is a free download from linear.com (analog.com)
--- Updated ---

As discussed, attached is your 220VAC, 36V, 0.5A Flyback PFC attached..in the free LTspice simulator
--- Updated ---

By the way, the sim is openloop......i didint put the feedback in as the sim takes ages with PFC'd feedback becuase pfc feedback loops are so slow.
I am sure you will be able to put in a error amp with a slow feedback compensator if you want to.
--- Updated ---

by the way, bpsemi.com chips are in all the led lights sold in uk....but i am pretty sure you cant buy the actual chips in UK, or in Europe or USA(?)

Attachments

• PFC flyback BCM _aj_augus.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 104
  • pfc bcm _LT3799 _aj_augus.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks, dear.
Fo the Excel file, could you please share the calculation formulas? Is it so basic? Thanks for accepting my little knowledge...;)

There is some formulae for SMPS in here

Also, here is a free course on SMPS

Yes the formulae used are basic. ..
Its mainly V=L.di/dt (Lenzs Law)
And power = 0.5*L.I^2.f (gives power in inductor with current peaking to I amps at freq f)
Also, NP.IP = NS.IS
etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back