Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

First order digital filter

omid2006

Junior Member level 2
Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends
I found a unknown digital low pass filter in a sample code but I can't adapt it's formula with common filters like IIR because it's like a IIR filter with negative coefficient. it's like feedback filter but feedback filter is a highpass in ordinary and this filter is low pass. I'll write it's formula and I appreciate if anyone can help.

Code:
out[n]+=(in[n]-out[n-1])*500*Ts

and Ts is the sampling frequency thus execution rate of filter.

The second equation is the first equation, post #1, just the += expanded.

So yes, not feasible, except by, as MATLAB complained, adding in all paths a unit delay.
Which I did and got it to solve. But then, and here is where I am over my head, I think it
just causes group delay, but magnitude response still accurate......not sure.

The above is why I recommended to OP to do a recursive solution in Excel to look at samples
generated, and hence plots.

Makes me wonder if there is a typo here from OP or his source.

The second equation is the first equation, post #1, just the += expanded.
No, it makes no sense to write u[n] on RHS of the assignment, must be u[n-1]. There's one unit delay created by performing the assignment periodically.

Step response is monotical.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: