Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

error when simulating with spice model

Status
Not open for further replies.

cirocastro

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I'm using proteus for a week, but i've had some experience already with LTspice...
I need to build a bridge amplifier with an instumentation amplifier, but the options I have available to buy around here are not available on the library... I've seached a lot and all i couldn't find any working instructions or model ready...

Can someone please give me some advice on this? Or recommend somewhere to download models ready?

I've downloaded the spice model from linear and from texas (for the LT1920 and the INA129), created the drawing, assigned the ports, clicked 'make device', assigned the footprint, and linked with the spice model with the commands:
PRIMITIVE=ANALOGUE,SUBCKT
SPICEMODEL=INA129,INA129.LIB (or LT1920,LT1920.LIB)
SPICEPINS=VIN+,VIN-,V+,V-,OUT,REF,SENS1,SENS2

But when i try to simulate it gives me the following error:
Gmin step [17 of 120] failed:GMIN=5.308e-005
Gmin stepping failed
Source step [1 of 120] failed:source factor=0.833
too many iterations without convergence
Simulation failed to start
Simulation FAILED due to fatal simulation errors

It gives me this error both when i click play and press the spacebar... what am i doing wrong?

Thanks for the attention!

Regards,

Ciro Castro

well, nothing worked...

i've tried to use one of the library's default instrumentation amplifier and it returned the same error... i had both inputs grounded, VCC and VEE connected and wanted to check the output level, very simple circuit...

So i've returned to good ol' LTspice... it's running the simulation for about 3hs, but it's running...

still, if anyone could help me i would be very thankful.

Regards,
Ciro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back