Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparator overshoot and oscillations - how to fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, if you pull LE high you can leave \LE floating (see bottom of page 9 of data sheet/top of page 10).

Actually I put the option for the hysteresis as a precaution as my signals were noisy and edge not necessarily really fast. I never had any problems with double pulses so never fitted the resistor. For my application (laser rangefinder) I didn't really want to add any offsets as it would affect accuracy.

The outputs went by differential lines on an inner layer to some ELC to TTL translators and TDC chip.

Keith.

Thanks for the confirmation. I hope I can do without additional hysteresis, but as of now that is still uncertain...

In my case the outputs are going to an fpga based TDC, using the spartan-6 carry chain as the delay elements.

Hi Keith,
Maybe VSMVDD reflects to the topics title? :)
Greetings!
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.