Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculate the Slew Rate & Power Consumption for OP-AMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karandeep

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I need to calculate the Power Consumption and Slew Rate for a Two-Stage Unbuffered Op-Amp using Tanner Eda .

Kindly guide me for
1. what should be the input parameters for these calculations?
2. How could it be calculated on Tanner?

any clue would be appreciated ........... THANKS :)

I need to calculate the Power Consumption and Slew Rate for a Two-Stage Unbuffered Op-Amp

1. what should be the input parameters for these calculations?

1. Configure your opAmp in your required application mode, with your real application load.

Quiescent power consumption: With zero input signal measure the VDD total current consumption and multiply by VDD.
Full power consumption: Do the same with an input signal which creates full output amplitude.

No Tanner knowledge, sorry!

Re: Calculate the Slew Rate & Power Consumption for OP-AMP

1. Configure your opAmp in your required application mode, with your real application load.

Quiescent power consumption: With zero input signal measure the VDD total current consumption and multiply by VDD.
Full power consumption: Do the same with an input signal which creates full output amplitude.

No Tanner knowledge, sorry!

Thanks erikl . It really helped me a lot . I would like to know that the "Full Power Consumption" you mentioned is the Average Power Consumption or MAX.POWER CONSUMPTION

- - - Updated - - -

Kindly put some light on the testbench for SLEW RATE calculation

I would like to know that the "Full Power Consumption" you mentioned is the Average Power Consumption or MAX.POWER CONSUMPTION

The latter: MAX.POWER CONSUMPTION

Kindly put some light on the testbench for SLEW RATE calculation

1. Configure your opAmp in your required application mode, with your real application load
2. Use an input pulse (or square wave) source with very short rise-/fall-times (i.e. short against your expected slew rate)
3. Run a transient analysis
4. Measure the slew rate at the output.

The measured slew rate probably depends on the value of the input- resp. output voltage edges. Try small- and large-signal (full voltage output) pulses / squ.waves.

Status
Not open for further replies.