Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BASIC Languange

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockman_akim

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ok..as we know, BASIC language can be use in software programming and micro controller program..did u ever use BASIC for another purpose??

Doesn't "software programming" cover it all? What do you mean by "another purpose??"

My hobby is animatronics. I have written a BASIC program to interpret a specialized script language I defined, to control my animatronic penguin. The script looks like this:
"Playmove,Look ahead,200
Playmove,Open eyes wide,200
Scriptpause,pause,2000
Playmove,Open Eyes Normal,200
Say,merry-xmas.wav,0"

The penguin moves with servo motors controlled by a serial servo controller from a company called Lynxmotion. Depending on the script, my program sends commands to the controller over a serial port. (The program is described in this link "Lynxmotion Tech Support: View topic - FreeBasic SSC-32 Interpreter"). (By the way, this link is NOT a current listing.)

The program also will play an audio file when instructed by the script. Then, the program reads in a DC signal from an ADC, that corresponds to the audio file. With this signal, the program synchronizes the animatronic's mouth movements. The DC signal comes from a circuit I developed with the help of the people on this board: SOLVED: Convert audio to 0-5VDC for ADC by uP. The program multitasks playing of the audio file, moving the mouth and other actions.

You can watch the result of the program on here YouTube - Animatronic Penguin in Action.

dj

Status
Not open for further replies.