Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS HB and TRAN different results of Oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swento

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello to all!
I'm a beginner in oscillator design of ADS.
I designed an oscillator.When i use HB in ADS. It can output the sine wave.But when i use the transient.It can not give a same output.
I don't know how to choose the method of these two method.
111.png
222.png
333.png
444.png

Classical beginners problem with oscillator simulation, you need a deviation from steady state to start oscillations, either a kick-start start pulse or e.g. skipping initial transient solution in analysis options.

Thank you for your answer, I probably understand what you mean. But I still don't know how to set it in ADS. Could you give me some steps for me to understand。

Thank you again
Classical beginners problem with oscillator simulation, you need a deviation from steady state to start oscillations, either a kick-start start pulse or e.g. skipping initial transient solution in analysis options.

Connect a PWL Current Source to the Base pf the Transistor to trig the Oscillator in Transient Domain.
A small temporary current pulse will wake up the circuit.The problem is coming from Initial States of the Components.

Connect a PWL Current Source to the Base pf the Transistor to trig the Oscillator in Transient Domain.
A small temporary current pulse will wake up the circuit.The problem is coming from Initial States of the Components.
Thank you for your reply,I will try it right now.
--- Updated ---

When I use the PWL Current Source to the Base of the Transistor. I find the Vout can output the sine wave but the amplitude of the wave is very low.
What causes this. I have another question I want to make an actual circuit. Whether Hb can oscillate means that the actual circuit can oscillate.
thanks for your reply again!!
111.png
222.png

Last edited:

BigBoss did not suggest to put a current source in series with the base connection. Please think yourself.

Thanks for your reply!I made a mistake for this circuit. Now I know how to modify it!
BigBoss did not suggest to put a current source in series with the base connection. Please think yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back