Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

System level thermal analysis in AEDT icepack using stepfile

sarathkayila

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys,
New to Electronics desktop here. I've the step file of a PCB board with components and want to perform a thermal analysis in Electronic desktop icepack. When I try to import the step file the components are assigned random names and property which I can't identify. Do I have to manually assign material and power dissipation to each one. Is this the procedure for thermal analysis. How will I give the board properties? Is there any specific procedure to make this easy ? Ps.: I don't have access to space claim or any cad software. PlS help

Do I have to manually assign material and power dissipation to each one.
Yes. This will be done in icepack. Depending on analysis objectives, you possibly need to add details to the board model, e.g. copper planes or thermal vias.
I don't have access to space claim or any cad software.
There are free tools like FreeCAD.

Yes. This will be done in icepack. Depending on analysis objectives, you possibly need to add details to the board model, e.g. copper planes or thermal vias.

Thank you for the reply. I will proceed like this.
Is there any common material to be assigned for electronics packages in the library or will it be different for each group?

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: