Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestion for Power Analysis report of schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishweshgm

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

One of my customer asks a lot of question about current and voltage passing through individual components in the schematic. This causes me a lot of problem when working on a new project and have to change the schematic more than 3-4 times. Because every-time I change a component/topolgy I need to individually calculate and update a report that provides all power dissipation information for each component. This is alright if there are minor changes but when requirement change is significant (usually happen in new projects), it does not make sense to me to do all these work when we are not even sure that the circuit will finally be used in application.

So I want to know what is the method that you use while delivering to customer. I am not asking you to give me a short-cut method. But simply trying to understand the standard procedure that big/experienced companies follow so that I can standardize my deliverables and hence try to make my customer understand the effort and time that goes into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.