Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bidirectional ac controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisam

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
plz i have a power electronics project about 3 phase bidirectional ac controller using workbench multisim..i just need to know which SCR must i use and the specifications for the gate pulse.thankyou

Your post gives the impression, that you already know about the intended control scheme and that it can be implemented with SCR. That's good.

Then you simply have to specify the SCR voltage and current rating. Browse the catalog of a major manufacturer for a suitable device, get the datasheet and learn about the required gate control parameters.

If I misunderstood your post in any regard, please clarify.

thank you very much..well it is a 3 phase full wave ac controller.i have multisim 10.and iam havin errors since im really not sure of how i should pick the correct thyristor.ive looked at every SCR model and the specifications.And my project consists of 300V RMS Line to Line and RL circuit of R=10 and L= 40mH..based on what specifications shall i pick them.and about the gate pulse i dnt know what shold i put values for the pulse width and the period.thankyou again

You better should show a schematic including the load and also specify the intended kind of control respectively output voltage. Your specifications get's unclear more and more, to my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.