Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

X2 Voltage multiplier with op amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjpompeo

Advanced Member level 1
Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
op amp multiplier

I need a 2x voltage multiplier with +5Vdc single supply operational amplifier. I mean with 0,5Vin has 1Vout or with 1,2Vin has 2,4Vout and so on up to 2,0Vin. Output load will be pure resistive and close to 0,05mA. Precision more or less 5% is enought.

Regards,

Fernando

opamp multiplier

That's called a non-inverting x2 amplifier. Have two equal resistor, e. g. 10 kΩ, connect one from analog gnd to op-(-)-input, the other from output to op-(-) input, your signal to op-(+)-input, and find the amplified signal at op-output.

op amp voltage multiplier

FvM,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Can you indicate any op amp. like LM741, LM358, and so on?

Regards,

Fernando

multiplier opamp

Hello Fernando,

I guess, you may want to include negative rail (0 V) into the usable voltage range. thus a single supply or rail-to-rail type seems to be appropriate. LM358 would be basical usable, it has input common mode range below negativ supply, but because of the bipolar output stage, has limitations in minimal output voltage (if I remeber right, some 100 mV) and in positive output anyway.

From true rail-to-rail types that reaches nearly full supply voltage range on output, TLV2371 would be my design standard for low speed applications. But each manufacturer has suitable types. Depends on what's in your reach.

Regards,
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back