Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Write data in testbench - is it possible and how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irum4

Member level 3
Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Write data in testbench

Whether it is possible in testbench to write the data to a file not in text, and in a hexdecimal code. And if it is possible, as?

Re: Write data in testbench

I think it is not possible. but you can use any programming language to convert the txt file. I had previously change between BMP file and Text (output of VHDL test bench using MatLab".

I already have understood it too. It is a pity. :(

you only need to do effort in conversion programs and the steps will be forward for further work

I'm not sure if I understand the original question. If you're asking if you can read and write hex data from text files in your test bench, the answer is yes.

I believe the library is IEEE.std_logic_textio and the functions that you want are hread() and hwrite().

Radix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back