Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless IR Timer/Stopwatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

joc_06

Member level 2
Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ir timer

Hi all,
I am starting a new project.
I am an electronic engineering grad who also is a serious athlete.
I would like to make something that will measure my sprint time over various distances accurately.

I have used pics, avr's etc before and now work in VLSI design and verification in dsp/gps areas so i have lots of expierence with C assmebley, dsp's micro's and HDL, fpga use

Originally i was thinking of using 2x PIC's and Lcd, 2xsome kind of motion detector, 2xspeakers, 2xsome kind of wireless module (maybe zigbee or maybe Fm (homemade))

I was wondering if anyone had some tips or links to get me started. Im in the process of gather ing parts and now have lcd's, pics+programmer, but no wireless as of yet.
What do ye recommend for wireless?
What prtocols? ideally id like it scalable so i could use 3 or 4 sensors to get my intermediate times etc and shoot it back to my laptop for post analysis. The max distance will be 100m

Any help will be appreciated....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back