Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will hidclass.sys and hidusb.sys support a wireless mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bella

Newbie level 6
Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Driver Doubt.

There are 6 buttons(remote on/off, page up/down,scroll up/
down) in the wireless presentation mouse. This is a new USB device. Will the drivers in windows 2000 (hidclass.sys and hidusb.sys) work for this new device or a new driver must be coded?.
It is given that "If your USB device belongs to the HID class, you may not have to write a special-purpose driver at all because the Microsoft class driver(hidclass.sys) and minidriver(hidusb.sys) fully support the USB specifications." I think, the minidriver in windows 2000 (hidusb.sys) will support a standard mouse with 3 buttons-left click, right click and scroll. Is it correct?. I have to write driver code for the extra buttons. Is it correct?. Shall I modify the code hidusb.sys according to my reqirement?. But the code for hidusb.sys is not in windows DDK. Where can I find the code for hidusb.sys?. Please give me a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back