Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wideband_W_band_LNA_Design

Faizan shafi

Newbie level 5
Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am designing a wideband low noise amplifier in the W band range(75 -110 GHz). I read few research papers and I then chose one which made sense to me.

Now i am trying to implement it step by step what they tried to do in it. I am attaching my schematic and the schematic in the research paper here. As you can see that they used 0 ohm transmission lines for AC grounding. I read a lot about them on the internet but i didn't understand how 0 ohm transmission lines are being used here for separating the AC and the DC parts. Can you please guide me what I am doing wrong here and how should i move forward.

0 ohm transmission lines are the one with two white lines with black line in the middle. I have highlighted the passage in the 3rd image where it is explained what those lines are doing here.
I am waiting for some helpful replies. Thank you

Attachments

• wideband_lna_W_1.PNG
    wideband_lna_W_1.PNG
    52.7 KB · Views: 77
  • wideband_lna_W_2.PNG
    wideband_lna_W_2.PNG
    36.5 KB · Views: 74
  • wideband_lna_W_3.PNG
    wideband_lna_W_3.PNG
    137.5 KB · Views: 72
Moderator comment: Thus far the links to IEEE material let us see teaser 'abstracts'. This is different from opening the entire paper. IEEE requests not posting entire IEEE articles (except with permission of author).

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back